Last Modified: August 18, 2015
What Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Mart – personal information and non-personal information. "Personal Information" is any information that can individually identify you and includes, for example and without limitation, your name, email address, username, telephone number, postal address, and other contact information. "Non-personal Information" includes information that does not personally identify you, but may include (without limitation) tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, transaction information, use of the Mart and the Internet, etc.
We collect information such as name, username, telephone number, postal address, email address, credit card information, bank account information, and transaction information such as bids, purchases and use of discounts/rewards. There are a number of circumstances in which you may voluntarily supply us with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information:
- Registration for an account on the Mart to buy or sell items
- Sign up to receive email newsletters from us
- Requests for customer service or other assistance
- Participation in surveys, special events, contests, sweepstakes, and promotions
- Participation on social media accounts involving the Mart
- Any other place on the Mart where you knowingly volunteer personal information
When you use the Mart, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually. Generally, we may collect and store the following categories of Non-personal Information:
- Demographic data of Mart users.
- Device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Mart, which may include your IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Usage information about your use of the Mart, such as a reading history of the pages you view.
- Additional traffic data, such as time and date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
- Search terms and search results
- Other information regarding our users' use of the Mart.
When listing an auction on the Mart, we collect item(s) information including description, images, estimated shipping cost, carrier, and payment method. The information collected during this process is an approximation of the physical item(s) listed by the seller. We cannot guarantee absolute accuracy of this information. However, through our user rating system and customer feedback services we seek to provide users with the best possible recommendations for trusted sellers. Also, through our registration validation process mentioned above, we seek to filter out persons who might attempt to deceive users by providing inaccurate information.
If you list items on the Mart, we will collect financial information including bank account and/or credit card number, expiration date, card security code, and billing address. We also collect credit card information when users register for the Mart.
When you interact with any Mart account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, or Instagram, we may collect the Personal Information that you make available to us on that page or account, including your user ID and/or user name, and any information you have made public or shareable in connection with that social media service. Please note, however, that we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and we will only collect and store such Personal Information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms.
When you interact with the Mart, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, "cookie" information, and the page you requested.
Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as browser cookies, pixels, beacons, and Adobe Flash technology including cookies) are comprised of small bits of data that often include a de-identified or anonymous unique identifier. Websites, apps and other services send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer so the website can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that service. We may use these technologies to also collect and store information about your usage of the Mart, such as the pages you have visited, content you have viewed, search queries you have run and advertisements you have seen.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the "Help" section of your browser for more information. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features, content, or personalization available through the Mart.
How We Use and Share Your Information
In certain circumstances your registration information may be verified through so-called "credit header" information. You may be required to answer a multiple-choice questionnaire compiled from information managed by consumer and business information sources. These questions can include elements from your financial history. This is done as an identity verification and fraud prevention measure.
We may use the information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- Provide you with information on the products and services you request from us
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies
- Personalize content and experiences on our Mart
- Send you newsletters, offers, and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events by email or other media
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests, including advertising based on your activity on the Mart
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys
- Optimize or improve our products, services, and operations
- Detect, investigate, or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Mart and their purchasing patterns
- To send you auction-related notifications about transactions you carry out on the Mart
- To share your personal and auction information with the seller to facilitate transactions
- To share your personal and auction information with the bidder to facilitate transactions
- To perform tasks and contact users when carrying out our billing, administration, and collections functions
- To share information with bona-fide law enforcement agencies
- To verify your identity, collect debts, and investigate inquiries or disputes
Financial information is used to bill you for transactions you carry out on the Mart and to collect fees and debts incurred through the use of the Mart. If your account is past due and collection must be pursued, your contact and financial information may be shared with collection agents and/or credit reporting agencies. We share financial information with non-affiliated third-parties to facilitate the completion of auction transactions, to respond to subpoenas, to comply with other legal purposes, and to bill and collect fees or debts.
Email and Other Communications
We may contact you by email or other means at an email address that you have provided to us. For example, we may send you promotional offers or our newsletter. If you do not want to receive email from us, please let us know through the "unsubscribe" feature included in our communications.
We may make your information available to certain third party service providers, such as contractors, agents, or sponsors, who help us manage or provide the services offered on our Mart, such as hosting, billing, payment processing, marketing, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. We may need to share your Personal Information with them, but we require that all of our service providers keep Personal Information confidential and not disclose it to third parties and not use it for any other purposes other than those for which they were contracted.
Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, or are involved in a bankruptcy, GunzMart may transfer your information to the party or parties involved as part of that transaction.
How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented security measures to reduce the likelihood of Personal Information being accessed in an unauthorized manner, or from being lost, altered, leaked, or damaged. In addition, we train our employees handling Personal Information about the importance of protecting that Personal Information. Finally, we have designated a person responsible for management of Personal Information, who can be contacted as described below in the "Contact" section.
Children's Online Privacy
GunzMart respects the privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect, solicit, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Mart or send any information about yourself to us. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to us. If we learn that a child under 13 has provided personal information to us without verification of parental consent, we will take commercially reasonable steps to delete that information.
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to e-mail to email@example.com or call us at (866) 773-9970.
Do Not Track
Links To or From Other Sites
Please note that the Mart may link to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These websites and applications operate independently from us, and we do not control their privacy policies, which may be different from ours. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party websites or applications.
Cross-Border Transmission of Personal Information
As the Internet is a global environment, collecting and processing personal information may involve the transmission of this data internationally, including into and/or outside of the United States. Therefore, by communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to your personal data being processed in this way.
Updating Your Personal Information
You can access and update certain personal information through the account management tools provided to logged-in users of the Mart. In the event your account is closed or terminated, it will be marked inactive in our systems, but we will not delete your user information or transaction history from our systems. Additionally, copies of personal information may exist, for example in backup materials, even after you provide updated personal information.